Director, Brand Partnerships
At Sandbox & Co, we are focused on bringing families and educators the best digital experiences in a safe environment. By combining 21st century skill sets with cutting-edge technology, gamification and personalization, we hope to create a world where everyone is empowered to learn. We have a suite of digital products designed to engage, entertain and educate, and we reach 65mm kids, parents and teachers every month.
Our people have a growth mindset, believing anything is possible, see the potential in others, and enjoy working collaboratively to achieve our goals. Our teams are small, need to react quickly to market conditions and clients, and we look for colleagues to be actively engaged in realizing our vision.
Sandbox is looking to hire a Director, Brand Partnerships who can convey the reach and influence of the brands in the Sandbox portfolio, which together reach over 60 million people across our websites, mobile apps, and email/social channels. You should be passionate about generating new business, hitting sales goals, and developing strong client and agency relationships. We are looking for a professional who has advertising/sponsorship sales experience and relationships with brands looking to reach families/parents or young adults ages 18-25. In this role, you will be responsible for closing new partnerships and growing existing business by selling a portfolio of digital ad products, sponsorships, email, social, and custom content.
US-based candidates only – this job can be fully remote or can base out of one of our US offices.
Responsibilities and assignments
- Represent our brands to advertisers with professionalism and a thoughtful, strategic approach for growing our business.
- Own a substantial account list that includes new business prospects and existing clients to generate revenue.
- Develop a robust pipeline to achieve quarterly and annual revenue goals and bring in new business from clients and agencies.
- Lead and manage the sales process from prospecting through to campaign completion, leveraging the internal teams who help with proposals and delivery / account management.
- Put together creative and “big idea” solutions and proposals for opportunities in collaboration with other internal teams (e.g. content, marketing, product, etc.). Respond to RFP’s thoughtfully and in a timely manner.
- Represent client needs to other internal teams and lead them to execute on campaigns and solutions that can deliver on client objectives and KPIs.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with media agencies and clients across multiple levels.
- Help Sandbox grow our advertising business by pushing for great results, sharing ideas, and recommending changes or new initiatives that help us grow.
Requirements and qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in digital media and sponsorship sales with ability to translate client objectives into creative solutions and strong campaigns.
- Independent self-starter who comes equipped with strong contacts at digital agencies and clients and can get up and running quickly.
- Demonstrated success in selling a variety of types of solutions to clients across platforms and brands – like custom content, custom game experiences, on-site sponsorships, custom video, social activations, influencer collaborations, email programs and live/experiential opportunities.
- Experience successfully developing, closing and managing large, customized cross-platform media campaigns.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted start-up environment to oversee multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Fluent in digital media and proficient with media math (impressions, CTR, CPMs, etc.)
- Familiarity and strong enthusiasm for our brands, content verticals and products and the value we offer to our audience.
- Results-driven, with superior client management skills, excellent follow-up and follow-through.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills.
- Enthusiasm, good energy, and a positive attitude.
- Willing to travel as needed.
- College degree preferred.
We offer competitive company benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, vacation and holiday time and company-matched 401k.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Who we are
Engage. Entertain. Educate.
Sandbox & Co is a London-based group operating a network of learning businesses. At SBX we look to build, assemble, nurture and support the scaling of a diverse family of brands and services with like minded partners, entrepreneurs and operators where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. All towards the singular goal of fun, engaged learning.
At the intersection of the digital, learning and media industries, Sandbox brands embrace technological advancements, focus on globally relevant core subjects that center on families’ interests and help develop 21st century skills.
Sandbox & Co represents and strategically operates the Sandbox-controlled and invested entities – a suite of 18 brands, most of which are leaders in their own segment and have won several awards. These brands are aligned to four divisions: Sandbox Experiences, Sandbox Gaming, Sandbox Kids and Sandbox Learning.
Sandbox’s brands include Code Kingdoms, CoolMathGames, Curious World, Edujoy, Fact Monster, Family Education, Funbrain, InfoPlease, Hopster, Kidomi, Leiturinha, PlayKids, Poptropica, TeacherVision, Teachit, Tellmewow, Tinybop and toucanBox®.
Sandbox is committed to providing an unparalleled ecosystem of edutainment products, and currently reaches over 60 million children, their parents, and teachers.
For more information, please visit our website: www.sandboxandco.com or Twitter @Sandboxandco.